Friday 10 February 2023

Ask HN: How do you deal with information and internet addiction?

Ask HN: How do you deal with information and internet addiction?
525 by rqtwteye | 197 comments
I have noticed that I am getting more and more addicted to consuming information so I am listening to podcasts while working and I watch Youtube videos in my free time. This is all fun and interesting but I feel this makes me want to do things less and less. Instead of working on my own problems I distract myself by listening to ever more information. I get a lot of benefit from this information but somehow it feels shallow. I think part of it is that my work is quite uninteresting and doesn't really keep my mind engaged. But the work is tedious enough that I am too tried in the evening to do something interesting. After a few years everything feels like it's a repeat. Does anybody else feel that way? Have you been able to detach yourself from the constant flow of information and focus on your own stuff?

No comments:

Post a Comment

New exponent functions that make SiLU and SoftMax 2x faster, at full accuracy

New exponent functions that make SiLU and SoftMax 2x faster, at full accuracy 379 by weinzierl | 72 comments